Found at Ann’s…the marching band…Love it!
Fill in the blanks about your senior year. The longer ago it was the better.
1. Who was your best friend?: Maria (probably Connie and Jon too)
2. What sports did you play?: no sports – President of SADD, Student Council, Yearbook, newspaper, Peace and Social Justice group
3. What kind of car did you drive?: not 100% sure of the year anymore but a 1984 Chrysler Reliant K. Affectionately known as the K-car. My mom had to have this car…it was a special model. Spring Splendor or something. White with blue, bucket seats, luggage rack…and a custom installed compass. My dad had them on every car. Before they were cool. My friends made so much fun of me!
4. It’s Friday night, where were you at?: a party at a friend’s house if their parents were away…or drinking Margarita’s at Meson Ole’. Mmm…and Fire Island!
5. Were you a party animal?: no, but I enjoyed parties and knew how to have fun.
6. Were you considered a flirt?: maybe a little bit.
7. Ever skip school?: yes.
8. Ever smoke?: yes.
9. Were you a nerd?: No, more in the preppy crowd but we were all in the top 25 GPA’s and Honor Society.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled?: No. Just a threat of it for a protest/petition campaign I organized.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?: No way. Not then and not now.
12. Who was your favorite teacher?: Sister Maupete. She fully supported me and my campaign for equal rights on gym uniforms (only girls were required to wear them). She backed me up when they threatened to suspend me for writing petitions and gave me the topic of Women’s Rights in the 20th Century for my research paper. It fed my radical feminist roots.
13. Favorite class?: AP American History.
14. What was your school’s full name?: St. J0hn the Baptist Diocesan High School
15. School mascot?: cougar
16. Did you go to the Prom?: yes
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?: no. It was great and all, but no. (Ann’s answer–and I like it).
18. What do you remember most about graduation?: the parties, the emotions…confessing to my best friend that I hooked up with her boyfriend at college orientation. Sigh. I was a bitch.
19. Favorite memory of your senior year?: Two, a trip we took to Florida–like 10 of us–staying at a friends Condo. Boys and girls. The mom and her friend in a condo downstairs. FUN! And the week after the prom–we spent it out in Montauk at same friends house on the beach. No parents.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?: Not sure what that means.
21. Did you have a job your senior year?: Small book store at the local mall.
22. Who did you date?: I dated one guy for a couple of years–he caught my eye because he was wearing a Smiths shirt. His life aspiration was to be a toll collector. It didn’t work. Not so much dating as "hooking up" here and there amongst friends. Looking back, it was a little weird.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch?: we would sneak out and go to Bagel Boss or Burger King. Owen loves Bagel Boss–it’s the only bagels he really likes.
24. Have you gained weight since then?: nearly doubled.
25. What did you do after graduation?: Went to Manhattan College, Riverhead, NY (the Bronx)
26. When did you graduate? 1988
How about some Senior Prom photos. These are for Chris–I owe you some more 80’s photos…but my editing software is lost.