Except I can’t find the camera.
Christmas was wonderful and relaxing. The kids got along beautifully. Owen was a delight at home. Christy and Jody visited with my mom and I. Last night, although we had takeout, we ate together as a family. My first project of the new year started as a gift for the home teachers daughter but the colors aren’t really kid-friendly so it is a Dulaan hat. Charity knitting. That’s a good way to start, don’t you think?
A lot of bloggers have posted all they knit last year and what they hope to knit this year. I am not that organized but would like to be this year. A friend had sent a lovely journal and I plan to use it to keep track of my knitting. I would also like to finish or, at least, work on some projects that have been in the pile for quite some time.
1. Dale Salt Lake City 2000 for Kevin. Considering this is now 2007–this project has been marinating for a loooong time.
2. St. Brigid for me. When did I start that KAL?
3. A baby blanket for my SIL using 501. I think the baby is due in 2 weeks.
4. The sleeve on my leftover worsted Dulaan sweater.
5. 4 pulsewarmers–mates to 4 I have already knit.
6. Shetland Triangle Shawl which is moving along nicely.
7. The Birds Nest Shawl from Folk Shawls.
8. While I haven’t wound the yarn…I have it in my head to knit a Colinette throw for my sister. Again, stash yarn. The Velvet Throw is #14.
9. Brea pocketbook that I started for the shop a million years ago.
10. Decide if I really want to knit this sweater in the color I have in the stash… Gosh, I can’t even find a picture in my archives. Such a bad blogger!
Well, I guess I will quit at 10. Otherwise, I might start to feel guilty. Kevin is in FL on business for the week. Wednesday he finds out if he won another trip–Bahamas this time and he’s not too confident. And I am taking Granny out to lunch for Christmas.
Happy New Year!