I signed up for the Knit One, Tea Too swap. Anyone else care to join? Remember, when in doubt, pinkies out!!
1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I prefer bags but I occasionally use loose.
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? My favorite brand of tea is PG Tips. I generally like strong black tea. However, I do enjoy Earl Grey and English Breakfast.
3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). As I said before, black tea is my favorite. White tea is okay too and I have never tried red. Green is so-so.
4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? Hot water. I would be lost without my electric tea kettle.
5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? Hmm…I have never really explored accessories. I don’t have any tea cosies.
6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). I am all for a manicure/pedicure with some dark chocolate.
7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? 100% wool. I love wool—there is just something so comforting about it.
8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Probably baby booties as they have been on my mental list to do. My mom was an avid fair isle knitter—so I have enough of them to last a lifetime. I tend to like smaller projects as I have 3 children and not all that much time to knit.
9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) Hmm…we don’t get out that much. Spending an evening with friends knitting is always preferred. But I suppose I would skip it for a night out with my husband—dinner and/or movie. Or a fun night out with the whole family.
10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) I love those petite pastry trays but it would be a fate worse than death to have to make them all! And I love scones!
11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose – do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? Substitute. I like to be different.
12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? Sadly, a plastic shopping bag. All of my knitting bags seem to have neglected projects in them.
13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? Umm…I am not much of a TV watcher. I do like comedies though.
14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? I am a mug person. Although, I think tea cups are gorgeous. I don’t really care too much if they match.
15. Favorite childhood birthday party? We always had swimming parties in the back yard. My favorite included a piñata.
16. Favorite type of scone and jam? Regular raisin scone with a bit of strawberry jam.
17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? Kids and cat=no candles. We would definitely have a fire.
18. If you could choose 3 people to have ‘tea’ with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). Tough question…I think I would invite my friends from England. We lived there for two years and it would be lovely to have tea with them–and not kids tea.
19. You’ve been invited to a tea party, what ‘props’ will you wear (formal or casual)? A hand knitted shawl.
20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? No. I am fairly agreeable.
- Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? Nope.